Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fanny by Holly Hobbie

We've fallen in love with Fanny around here!  First off, start by checking out Fanny written and illustrated by the Holly Hobbie (c. 2008).  Fanny is the charming child-heroine of a story about a girl whose mother will not let her have the latest "Connie" doll that all her friends have.  How does Fanny handle that disappointment?  You must read the book to discover the clever, creative story that follows.


Then after you read and re-read Fanny five million times, check out Fanny & Annabelle (c. 2009).  This time Fanny finds herself in an ethical dilemma.  Once again, you must read the book to discover the clever, creative story that follows.


I can't rave enough about these books!  But all that I will say is that I'll be purchasing both of them (I know, that's saying a lot!).  However, my girls already think the books are theirs since we check them out of our library so frequently.  It's time to let others share the joy!


And for my boy reading friends, try out the Toot & Puddle series also by Holly Hobbie.  The kids around here LOVE them!  Their parents really enjoy them too! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment