Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cars and Trucks and Things that Go

Ooohhhh, just the mere mention of Richard Scarry sends me into a calm reverie!  His pictures are spellbinding and could mesmerize a child into silence.


I encourage young mothers to pick up a copy of Cars and Trucks and Things That Go.  Trust me, you'll thank me whenever you're in the doctor's office, the DMV,  the pharmacy line, etc. Seriously, it's about the only thing left that can actually compete with Angry Birds!  So put it to the test, check it out at your local bookseller, and drop back by to let us know just how much it's saved your peace-of-mind.

And while you're at it, take a look at Richard Scarry's The Best Mother Goose Ever.  It remains our kids' favorite nursery rhyme collection (and believe me, they've seen them all! this is the one they keep coming back to again and again).  

2 comments:

  1. Great to find your blog! I have a couple of Richard Scarry posts at mine too.
    http://www.vintagebooksfortheveryyoung.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son was obsessed with Richard Scarry books when he was little, we read them over and over. Thanks for
    linking to me on my Eloise Wilkin post, like your blog!

    ReplyDelete