Monday, September 26, 2011

Dappled Apples


 It's apple season!  Wahoo!  That's cause to do a celebration dance as autumn peeks its head around the corner.  The kids and I are mesmerized by the illustrations in Dappled Apples (c. 2001).  Jan Carr's simple, rhyming text tugs the attention of the tots.  But it's Dorothy Donohue illustrations that beg an encore.


Donohue crafts her illustrations by creating art collages from handmade, textured cut paper.  It has prompted me to attempt an art project with the kids modeled on Donohue's illustrations.  We shall see how it works out.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Emily! What a gorgeous book. Thanks so much for sharing it. I'll have to hunt it down for Planet Baby. I'm sorry I haven't commented for ages - life has been getting in the way lately. J x

    ReplyDelete