Friday, November 26, 2010

My Favorite Things

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I just love this holiday time of year sandwiched between Thanksgiving and New Year's!  Fun, fun!

Many of you are familiar with acclaimed illustrator Renee Graef from the very first American Girl books.  Others may have seen her adaptations for young children to the Little House on the Prairie books.


Quite simply, in My Favorite Things, Renee Graef illustrated Rodgers & Hammerstein's popular and beloved song from The Sound of Music.  This beautiful book is a real treasure.  It even includes the musical score in the back.  The only trick is reading the story without singing it!  Usually, we all just end up singing it together.  Graef's My Favorite Things would make a lovely gift this season.  You're familiar with the song, so I'll let the illustrations speak for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment