Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Deal of the Day:

Hi, friends!  I just thought I ought to share my finds with you.  I LOVE the Target $1.00 aisle.  And today was no exception.

In the past, I've encouraged you to purchase a collection of Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes for your children.  Well, who can beat a $1.00 for a board book containing an average of 12 or more nursery rhymes?  Target has it.  They have four different board books with different nursery rhymes in each.  So if you bought all four, you'd still only be paying a total of $4.00 plus tax.  Frederick Richardson (1862-1937) does the vintage illustrations that you'll quickly be charmed by.  If you aren't familiar with his work, he's an American illustrator who illustrated books around the turn of the century.  To see examples of his work, check out Frederick Richardson here.  The board book itself is 4.25 x 5.75 inches, a perfect size for little hands.  I find that my children enjoy books that they can hold comfortably best of all.
Okay, but that's not all.  Target also has Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas paraphernalia.  We purchased these two cute bags: Cindy-Lou Who and the Grinch's dog, Max.  And we left so many other choices behind.  
I plan to feature How the Grinch Stole Christmas next month.  But you know Target, you have to get it now before it "gets gone"!  So as a courtesy, I wanted to let all my readers and friends in on this deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment